»

Monday, September 20, 2010

Frame Damage

When I was just out of college, I rumaged through the local paper for an affordable passenger car that would take me accross cuntry to New York. I happened upon a model that was labeled as salvage. Not knowing anything, and not getting help from my Grandma who was the only person around at the moment - I thought "Why not"? Well, after 2 terrible years with that car, I have learned why not.

After getting into another accident with it and finding that they would not repair it because of the previous damage,I defintely learned my lesson. It turns out the the frame of the car is the most important safety feature it has. In an auto collision, your frame is what ultimatey protects you during a crash.

In modern cars and other vehicles, the frame is a highly engineered crash-absorption component that can help to protect you and your family in a car collision New York by dispersing impact forces more predictably. Every year, hundreds of thousands of used vehicles with hidden frame damage to that very component are bought and sold, usually for one of two reasons:

1. Typical visual frame inspection procedures for new or pre owned vehicles used by even the most reputable car dealers can actually fail to detect hidden auto frame damage from a car collision.


2. Unscrupulous individuals are "passing off" a salvaged car that has been totalled and refurbished, but not repaired correctly or to vehicle safety specifications.


When I learned these things, I sold my little sports car or a song - and felt good about it.

0 comments: